Ecological Restoration projects have become a passion and priority for Scapes. Our experience with complex and site-sensitive commercial excavation projects have carried over well to environmentally sensitive work sites. Restoration projects require a thoughtful awareness of the local surroundings and understanding of the design intent from start to finish. Our project managers, site supervisors and equipment operators all pride themselves on their quality of work and client satisfaction. They have proven this with an impressive resume of completed projects, including:
Housatonic River bank restoration
- 360′ of repair with large native boulder cladding, tree root wads, rock vanes in the river to help divert river current away from embankment.
Connecticut River bank restoration
- 1400′ of repair with native stone cladding, root wads and erosion control matting.
Smith College, Lyman Pond restoration and Landscape
- Removal of invasive species, pond dredging & regrading, new ADA ramp to viewing platform and native plantings.
Project Stream, Mt Holyoke College & NEE
- Creation of a new wetland next to the tributary stream to Upper Lake. The wetland helps to reduce the high levels of nutrients entering the lake and improve water quality.
- Building of a boardwalk and outdoor classroom platform to help engage students and the public about project stream and the local ecology.
Becket, MA Earthen Dam Repair
- Regrading, repair and stabilization of an existing reservoir dam in the Berkshires. Removal of invasive species.
Please contact us for additional project references.
River Bank Restoration
- Bridges & Board Walks
- Design Build